As zinc die cast components are used in a wide range of applications, we have developed the ability to provide a choice of specialist finishes. Coating suitability depends on a number of factors and we can help you make the correct choice.
These finishing techniques can be applied for different reasons: to improve the aesthetics of a product, to improve corrosion resistance, wear and chemical resistance, remove burrs and flaws and modify electrical conductivity.
To discuss your finishing options and requirements for your project (+44)121 520 1177
THE REASONS FOR SPECIFYING YOUR FINISH ON A DIE CAST PRODUCT
We employ proven techniques and finishing processes to enhance your product. These include but are not limited to:
• Smoothing and brightening surfaces.
• Remove or round off sharp edges.
• Remove flashes in the casting.
• Secondary processing.
We employ these techniques to:
• Help protect your product or part against corrosion.
• Further, dissipate heat through the casting when in use.
• Help seal the casting.
• Add insulation dependant on your requirements.
• Aid in the surface performance.
• Meet aesthetic requirements or standards.
Dependant on your requirements and specifications regarding durability, protection and aesthetic appearance, most Zinc die cast components can receive from one to three standard zinc die casting finishing processes. Talk to us today to discuss your options.
Powder coatings for die castings designed to produce a durable and uniform surface finish for the product, these are available in a wide range of colours.
Polyurethane and water-based wet paints can be used as final coat finishing processes and they require shorter time and fewer production costs than powder coatings.
Electroplating is employed as a process of electro-deposition of a metallic coating on your product or component, often providing a wear and corrosion-resistant finish. This is available with the following options
• Copper-Tin-Zinc electroplate gives the zinc surface a dull and silvery finish.
• Copper-Nickel-Chrome electroplate protects zinc cast surface and provides a uniform finish, and assures a good electrical conductivity.
Mechanical Plating is an option that combines mechanical and chemical actions to reach the desired coating thickness. It can be applied on all surfaces, even on inside corners.
Finally, our attention to detail is unsurpassed and dictates the way in which every product is lovingly finished and assembled by hand. As such, we are able to deliver components that consistently improve the way in which end users interact with our customer’s products.
Let us know as much as you can about your project, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Speak to us directly on (+44)121 520 1177