MDL uses zinc alloy because it has a wide range of beneficial casting properties. As a result, we can produce thin-walled cross sections and complex parts and applications for a multitude of projects. Usually, castings with a wall thickness of one millimetre are possible.
Another benefit of your products and parts being manufactured with zinc is that it also offers superior strength to weight ratio. We can as a result produce castings designed using the minimum amount of material, effectively lowering the cost of the production process as well as improving the output of improved quality products.
Zinc also enables thinner walls to be cast than are achievable with materials such as aluminium.
Talk to us about your project requirements (+44)121 520 1177
Zinc die casting offers an effective alternative in terms of cost compared to pressed, fabricated, machined and stamped parts.
Zinc alloys are also fully recyclable. Therefore it is often commonly used in a number of industries and sectors.
We recommend Zinc castings for parts and spares:
• It offers the ability to have very thin walled components.
• It provides good impact strength rating.
• It has a low melting point which in turn means a longer die life, reducing total life costs.
• It offers high dimensional stability and accuracy.
• It has outstanding resistance to corrosion and high thermal conductivity.
• It has a high hardness and strength.
• It’s ability to cold form aids fastening and joining.